Chocolate Mawa Burfi
• Instant non fat dry milk powder- 5 cups(365 gms)
• Heavy whipping cream- 1 pint (473ml)
• Powdered sugar- 1.25 cups (150 gms)
• Carob chips- ½ cup
• Carob/cocoa powder- 1 tsp
1. Mix sugar, milk powder, whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave it for a minute. Stir it well till its smooth. Keep putting it back in the microwave for a minute, remove, stir, put it back again and microwave for a minute. Repeat this for a total of 8 minutes.
3. When its done the mixture caves in the center, its puffed up at the sides and folded in at the center and a nice aroma of cooked mawa comes out.
4. Mix it well.
5. Grease a pan/ a plate with butter or put wax paper in it.
6. Put ¾ of the cream colored mawa in the pan. Make it as thin or thick as you like. Smooth it out to even thickness and put it in the fridge to set quickly as the next layer has to come on top.
7. Melt the carob chips on a steamer/ in the microwave. Do not melt it completely. Just melt it approximately 80%. The rest will automatically melt when added to the hot mawa.
8. Add the slightly melted carob chips and carob powder to the hot mixture remaining in the bowl. Mix it till you see a nice glaze.
9. Wait for few minutes till the previous white mawa has become little firm. Add the chocolate mixture on top of the white mawa in the pan. Keep it in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
10. To make diamond shapes, 1st cut at 45 degrees angle, then at a 90 degree angle (straight)
11. Serve to the Lord and distribute the mercy.
By Bhaktin Meena/Madhulila