Buttery Lemon Spaghetti with Chickpeas
Wow! This is a really tasty dish. The flavors all come together so nicely. It is super quick and easy to make too.
• 1 pound spaghetti pasta
• 2/3 cup cooked chickpeas
• 1 or 2 green chile
• juice of 2 lemons
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1/4 cup ghee
• 2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 3 tbsp fresh basil
• 1 cup reserved pasta water
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender but still a little firm, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. In a small sauce pan add the ghee and heat on medium high flame. Add the chopped chile and fry for about 1 minute.
3. Then add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook for about a minute and turn the flame off.
4. Add the lemon sauce to the cooked spaghetti and toss with the basil and lemon zest. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten.
5. Now you are ready to Serve!
By Bhaktin Christina