Grilled Lentil Veggie Burger Patties
This wonderful veggie burger is served on a bed of lettuce with tomato and a nice dollop of "Govindas Homemade Mayonnaise". Super delish!
• 1 cup cooked lentils
• 1 cup breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup cooked cubed potatoes
• 1 small carrot, grated
• 1 small zucchini, grated
• 1 or 2 green chills to taste
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp fried ginger powder
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander
1. Here are your main ingredients: Cooked lentils
2. Bread crumbs
3. Grated carrots and zucchini and I forgot to take a photo of the boiled potatoes, but that too.
4. Combine the lentils, bread crumbs, cooked potatoes, green chile and all the spices into a mixing bowl and take a fork and mash all the ingredients together until fully combined.
5. Now add the grated carrots, zucchini and cilantro/coriander and mix all together.
6. If the mixture is too thick and hard to combine nicely, add some water a tbsp at a time until you get a nice dough that you can mold into burger patties.
7. Now mold all the dough into burger patties by rolling into a ball and then pressing down gently until you get a nice round patty.
8. Heat about 3 tbsps of ghee in a frying pan and fill with the burger patties and cook on medium high heat. Grill until golden and crispy on both sides and you are done.
9. Place the patties on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and you are ready to serve immediately!
10. Try this recipe with "Govindas Homemade Mayonnaise" on a burger bun with fresh vegetable toppings! Now you are ready to serve!
By Bhaktin Christina