Papaya, Avocado and Jerusalem Artichoke Salad
• Maple syrup or honey – 3 tbsp
• Lime juice – ¼ cup
• Olive oil or two parts almond oil to three parts sunflower oil – 1/3 cup
• Salt – ½ tsp
• Yellow mustard powder – ¼ tsp
• Freshly ground pepper – ¼ tsp
• Chopped fresh coriander – 3 tbsp
• Papaya – 1 medium-sized (about 2½ pounds/1.5 kg), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, sliced crosswise into 1/3 –inch (1 cm) slices and sprinkled with lemon juice
• Ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, cut into ½-inch (1.5 cm) cubes and sprinkled with lemon juice – 2 medium-sized
• Jerusalem artichokes, peeled, cut lengthwise into Julienne and sprinkled with lemon juice – 4
1. Combine the sweetener, lime juice, oil, salt, mustard, pepper and coriander in a bowl and whisk until creamy.
2. Arrange the salad decoratively on a platter or individual plates; for example, overlap papaya slices around the edges, mound the avocado in the center and sprinkle the julienne artichokes between the two. Pour on the salad dressing and serve at once.