Tomato, Basil and Fresh Mozzarella Salad
• Buffalo milk mozzarella, or bocconcini, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds – 250g
• A few fresh basil leaves, shredded for garnish
• Ripe, medium-sized tomatoes sliced into 0.5 cm rounds – 3 or 4
• Sea salt
• Coarsely ground black pepper
• Extra-virgin olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
• Large fresh basil leaves – 12-15 whole,
1. Decoratively arrange the slices of cheese, whole basil leaves and tomato slices in overlapping rings on a serving platter.
2. Sprinkle over the salt and the black pepper just before serving, drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil, and garnish with the shredded basil leaves. That’s it!