• ¾ C plain breadcrumbs
• ¾ Tsp salt
• ½ Tsp oregano
• ¼ Tsp black pepper
• ½ Tsp yellow asafetida powder
• 2 C artichoke hearts
• ½ C yogurt
• Oil for pan frying
• Squeeze of lime
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, oregano, pepper and asafetida.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over moderate heat.
4. Quickly dip the artichoke hearts in yogurt and pat in the breadcrumb mixture to completely cover them.
5. Place 3-4 fritters (according to the size) on the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning on each side, until golden and crisp. Drain and serve hot with a squeeze of lime.
By Anand Lila Devi Dasi