Banana Chapatis with Orange Cardamom Butter
•Whole Wheat Flour – 4 Cups
•Bananas, ripe – 2
•Milk – As needed
•Ghee – 2 Tablespoons
•Butter – ½ Pound
•Cardamom powder – ½ Teaspoon
•Orange juice – 1 Teaspoon
•Orange zest – 2 Tablespoons
1. Put the flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Mash the banana and add to bowl. Then add Orange zest, Orange juice.
3. Add warm milk, as needed, to the flour and banana and knead it into dough.
4. Add a tablespoon of ghee to the dough, and knead for 8 minutes or so, until pliant and non-sticky.
5. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. Make chapatis in the usual way, rolling dough into balls, heating a griddle or tawa.
7. Roll out balls to flat chapattis, sprinkle a little flour on and re-roll and flatten as needed, because the banana makes the dough sticky.
8. On final roll-out, brush the chapatti with ghee then fry until it puffs. Take off griddle and toast over a grill for a moment, then butter and cover until ready to serve.