Basic Eggless Cake (Using Curd)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes,
Baking Time: 35 minutes
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ( I put half white flour and half whole flower)
• 1 cup curd/yogurt
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 1/4 tsps baking powder
• 1/2 cup refined oil (I used sunflower oil)
• Spice or added flavor of your choice (I used cinnamon and nutmeg)
1. Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 mts. Grease and flour an 8″-9″ inch baking pan.
2. Cream the sugar and yogurt until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add baking pwd and baking soda and combine. Leave aside for 3 mts. You will find that bubbles appear.
3. Add vegetable oil and flavoring and combine well. Now, slowly add little flour/maida at a time using a large whisk and blend with the wet ingredients.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10 mts, reduce temperature to 175 and bake for 20-25 mts or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake for 20-30 mts and then overturn onto a plate.
You can add frosting or not. Here is a nice frosting recipe that I used:
For Buttermilk Frosting:
• 1/4 cup ghee
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 3 tablespoons buttermilk or regular milk, or yogurt.
By Bhaktin Christina