• 3 C all purpose flour
• ¾ Tsp salt
• ½ C warm water
• 1 Tsp sugar
• 1 Tsp active dry yeast
• 1 Tbsp oil
• ½ C warm milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the water, sugar and yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
3. Add the yeast mixture, milk and oil to the flour. Form into soft dough and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
5. Flatten the balls a bit from one side and place the flattened side on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 15 minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 F/200-230 C for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.
By Anand Lila Devi Dasi