These puris are crispy and soft! They go great with any soup or curry dish!
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup buttermilk, or you can use plain yogurt
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine the buttermilk and baking powder.
2. Mix together using a whisk then let it sit for 3 minutes. You will notice that the mixture begins to bubble.
3. In a separate bowl add the flour and salt. Then just like when making chapatis, add the buttermilk mixture a little at a time while mixing the flour into a dough.
4. When you have formed a nice dough, let it sit with a cover for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, roll the dough into little balls, again just like when making chapatis.
6. Next roll each ball out into a thin circle. If you are working alone, it is best to roll out all the dough first so that you can concentrate on frying. Heat the frying oil to 375F/190C.
7. Now time to fry them up! Place one Puri into the oil and fry one side for 30-45 seconds and flip over and fry the other side. Use a utensil to push the puri into the oil while it is cooking.
8. When the puris turn a slight golden color, they are done. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Continue this process until you have finished making all the puris.
9. I served these Buttermilk Puris with “Easy Potato Curry”. Now you are ready to Serve!
By Bhaktin Christina
Source : http://www.krsnastreats.org/recipes/breads/item/buttermilk-puris