Double Grilled Paneer Cheese Sandwich
The reason it is called "double" grilled is because first you have to grill the paneer separately and then grill the bread separately. Then you are ready to build your sandwich.
• fresh flat pressed paneer
• fresh rosemary
• fresh oregano
• 2 tbsp ghee
• Yeast free Yogurt Bread
1. Start with freshly made paneer. I put the paneer in a cheesecloth and placed a flat cutting board on top and then a heavy brick to press all the whey out.
2. Cut the paneer into patty size. The size of your bread.
3. Paneer should come apart. If the paneer falls apart or crumbles, it means you need to press it some more, there is to much whey still inside the paneer.
4. Choose your fresh herbs that you would like to grill the paneer in. I chose fresh rosemary and oregano from the garden.
5. Add about 2 tbsp ghee to a hot frying pan, about medium heat. Then add your fresh herbs. Fry for about 30 seconds. This helps release the flavor and fragrant oils in the herbs. Then lay the paneer patties in the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown on both sides.
6. Now add 2 more tbsp of ghee to the same hot pan and lay your bread inside. Fry on both sided until you have a golden crunchy crust.
7. Now you are ready to build your sandwich. You can add any of your favorite sandwich toppings. I used tomato and Arugula leaves. Perfect combination of flavors!
8. Now you are ready to offer to Serve!
By Bhaktin Christina
Source : http://www.krsnastreats.org/recipes/entrees/item/double-grilled-paneer-cheese-sandwich