Homemade Cheese Pizza with a Paneer Cream Sauce
This pizza is totally Cow-a-licious!!
For the sauce:
. 1 cup paneer cheese
. 1/2 cup fresh cow cream
. 1 tbsp chopped garden herbs (I used oregano, thyme, rosemary)
. 1/2 tsp salt
For the crust:
. 1 cup whole wheat flour
. 1 cup white flour
. 1/4 tsp salt
. 1 tsp ghee
. melty white cheese
. zucchini slices
. 1/2 tsp pepper
. drizzle of olive oil
. Of course you can do any toppings you like. The possibilities are endless!
1. First we are going to make the crust. Add the flour, ghee and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir it all together and then begin adding water a little at a time until you have a dough.
2. Then let the dough sit for about 20 minutes covered.
3. In the meantime we are going to prepare the paneer cream sauce. Gather all of your ingredients.
4. Place the paneer cheese, cow cream, chopped herbs and salt into a blender and blend until you get a thick mayo like sauce. If the sauce is too thick to blend, you can add a little whey or water and continue blending until you have the right consistency. Then set aside.
5. Heat the oven to 450F/250C. Then begin rolling out your dough to fit the size of your baking dish.
6. The dough should be about 1/4th inch thick.
7. Then roll the outer edges inward to create a thicker edged crust which will help to contain all the toppings on the pizza.
8. Then place in the oven to pre-cook for about 5-8 minutes. We do not want to fully cook the crust.
9. When the crust is done pre-cooking you are ready to put all the toppings on. First pour and spread the paneer cream for the first layer.
10. Then lay slices of zucchini and sprinkle on some black pepper.
11. Then layer on the melty white cheese. I used a local homemade string cheese.
12. Then place in the oven for another 10 minutes. After taking the pizza out of the oven, I sprinkled on some olive oil and that is it!
13. Now you are ready to Serve!
By Bhaktin Christina
Source : http://www.krsnastreats.org/recipes/breads/item/homemade-rustic-corn-tortillas