Khari/Namkeen Biscuit or Surti Makhaniya Biscuits
• Wheat flour ½ cup (60gms)
• All Purpose flour/Maida-1/2 cup (62gms)
• Butter-1/2 or ¼ cup room temperature, unsalted-1 stick or ½ stick
• Baking powder-1/4 tsp
• Yogurt- 1-2 tbsp or more as needed if butter is reduced.
• Caraway seeds (Shahi Jeera)- 1 tbsp.
• Salt- ½ tsp
• Sugar- 1 tsp
1. Prepare the dough by mixing all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and yogurt.
3. Add the dry powders to it and knead into a soft dough. If butter is reduced then increase the yogurt. But the taste is excellent with ½ cup butter.
4. Make round balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for 9-10 minutes, then bring it down to the lowest heat your oven has, about 170F for 12-13 minutes.
6. Remove and cool on a wire rack, till it comes to room temperature.
7. Serve to the lord and distribute the mercy.
8. On eating the texture is very crunchy and soft.
15 – 23 balls
Madhulila Devi Dasi /Meena