• Leftover cooked rice – 2 cups
• Red chili powder – ½ tsp
• Salt – as required
• Lemon – 1 small
• Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
• Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
• Black gram dhal – ½ tsp
• Bengal gram dhal – ½ tsp
1. When cooked White Rice is left over at the end of night, pour water on top of it till rice is covered completely with water.
2. Next day morning, squeeze rice out from water.
3. This rice can be used to prepare the following two types of Mixed Rice.
4. Mix salt and chili powder to the squeezed rice and mix well.
5. Heat oil and add mustard seeds, black gram dhal, bengal gram dhal. When it becomes golden brown.
6. Gently mix rice to this and fry in medium flame till rice becomes hot. Squeeze lemon juice and mix well.
Note: If lemon is not available a pinch of citric acid can be mixed with rice while mixing salt and chili powder.
By Bhaktin Sushma