Orange flavored candied fruits quick bread
•All purpose flour (rava) – 1 cup
•Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
•Granulated white sugar – ½ cup
•Baking powder – 2 tsp
•Salt – ½ tsp
•Orange Essence – 1 tsp
•Butter (melted and cooled) – 2 tbsp
•Milk (more if needed) – ¾ cup
•Candied fruits (tutee fruity) – ½ cup
•Walnuts (chopped) – 1/8 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
2. Mix the flours together in the bowl.
3. Add sugar, salt and baking powder to it.
4. In another bowl whisk butter, milk and orange essence together.
5. Then add the flour mixture 3 to 4 tbsp at a time to the wet ingredients and mix well. (you can do this with your hand)
6. If the batter becomes very thick, you can add more milk to it.
7. The batter should be of semi solid consistency sticking to the hand.
8. Fold in the candied fruits and chopped walnuts.
9. Pour the batter in a greased loaf tin and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes. (Or a fork inserted at the centre of the loaf comes out clean)
10. Remove it from oven and allow it to cool completely.
11. Make thin slices of it and serve in a serving dish.
By Bhaktin Shanti