• Maida (Refined Wheat Flour) – 500 gms
• Rava (Semolina) – 250 gms
• Milk – 1 ½ cup
• Dalda or Ghee – 1 cup
• Sugar – 300 gms
• Salt as per taste
• Oil (around 3 cups) – 300 gms
1. Take a small pan, heat the Dalda and keep aside.
2. Now mix maida, rava, sugar, salt, warm dalda and milk.
3. Start kneading to form soft and smooth dough.
4. Keep kneading the dough for about 15 to 20 min with pressure.
5. Keep the dough aside covered with a malmal (linen) cloth for about 10 to 15 min.
6. Now make big balls out of the dough and roll them with the chapatti roller.
7. Roll them into round shape similar to a roti but keep the width about 1/2 inch.
8. Take a knife and cut them into Square or Diamond Shapes.
9. Heat oil in a kadhai once the oil is hot add the shankarpali to it ensuring gas is on low flame.
10. Once the shankarpali are nice golden brown remove them.
11. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining balls.
By Bhaktin Archana