Sweet Yellow Rice
•Rice – 1 cup
•Sugar – 1 cup
•Water – 2.5-3 cups
•Desi ghee – 2 tablespoons
•Clove – 1-2
•Dalchini – 1 small piece
•Dried whole black pepper – 2-3
•Yellow food color – 2-3 pinch
•Cashew nuts, raisins to garnish (optional)
1. Wash & then soak rice in water for around 30 mins.
2. Heat desi ghee in a pressure cooker.
3. Add clove, dalchini & dried whole black pepper to desi ghee.
4. Next, add yellow food color to it.
5. Add soaked rice & sugar to it & mix them well.
6. Heat them slightly & then add water.
7. Close the lid of the pressure cooker & as the pressure reaches maximum, slow down the flame.
8. Cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
9. After 5 minutes, turn off the flame.
10. As the pressure is released, open the lid & cook till water gets completely dried up.
11. Garnish with cashew nuts & raisins.
12. Sweet yellow rice are ready to serve.
By Shilpy Malhotra