•Moong dal (with chilka)-1 cup
•Urad dal (dry split black gram)-1 cup
•Salt to taste
•Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
•Grated ginger-1/2 inch
•Green chilli chopped-1
•Oil for deep frying
1. Soak moong dal & urad dal separately for 3-4 hours.
2. After soaking for 3-4 hours, strain out the chilka from the moong dal by rubbing it between the two palms.
3. Chilka & dal will get separated.
4. After straining out the water, grind both the dals together to make a smooth batter.
5. Beat it well & keep it aside for fermentation for 3-4 hours.
6. After 4-5 hours, add salt, red chilli powder, grated ginger & green chillies & mix well.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Make ur hand wet by dipping it in water & place 1 tablespoon batter on the palm.
9. Make a hole in the centre of the batter to make the shape of a vada & drop it inthe hot oil.
10. Deep fry till it turns golden brown.
11. If you are unable to make a hole in the centre of the vada, you can drop the batter in the hot oil in the form of a round ball & deep fry till it turns golden brown.
By Bhaktin Meena