Veggie Beans and Macaroni
Here is an easy dish to put together! By adding beans to this pasta dish it gives a complete protein, which makes any vegetarian dish more filling and satisfying. What makes this dish extra special is the creamy whipped butter topping that slowly melts into the pasta as you savor it. Yum Yum!!
• 2 cups cooked brown beans
• 200 grams macaroni pasta
• 5 large tomatoes
• 1 carrot
• 1 zucchini
• 1 chipotle chili
• 2 dried red peppers (only the pepper flakes are needed)
• Fresh rosemary, oregano and sage leaves
• 2 tbsp ghee
• 1 tsp ground dried ginger
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• dash hing
• 2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• Whipped creamy butter, or sweet cream for topping
1. First you will need to pressure cook the brown beans.
2. You will also need cooked macaroni.
3. Place all the tomatoes and chipotle chile in the blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Chop up the fresh herbs of rosemary, oregano and sage leaves.
6. Chop up the carrot into small cubes like this.
7. Chop the zucchini in the same small cubes.
8. Next, heat the ghee in a medium sauce pan and then add the dried red pepper flakes and fresh chopped herbs. Fry for about a minute.
9. Then add the chopped carrots and fry for another minute.
10. Then add the tomato puree and all remaining spices.
11. Cook the tomato sauce for about 8 minutes, until the tomatoes are cooked through and the sauce is a deep red color, then add the chopped zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
12. After the 5 minutes, add the cooked beans.
13. Stir it all up and turn off the flame. Now you are done.
14. Serve the sauce over the macaroni pasta and top with creamy sweet whipped butter and you are ready to Serve!!