White fancy Chocolate Bars
. Pieces of White Cooking chocolate or candy melts- 142gms/5oz/ ¾ cup
. Chocolate making molds.
. Plastic Ziploc bag/cones.
. Parchment paper/Tray
1. Clean the molds with hot soapy water and buffer it well with a muslin cloth. This brings a shine on the chocolates.
2. Cut the chocolate into small pieces. Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or a double boiler. Microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power or on medium heat. Stir and repeat every 30 sec interval until the chocolate is 50% melted. Remove and keep stirring till the remaining half melts. To melt it in a double boiler, add small amount of water to the bottom pan over low heat. Place the bowl containing the broken pieces of chocolate on top of the bottom pan and stir constantly until its 50% melted. Remove from gas and keep stirring till the remaining pieces are melted.
3. Once the chocolate is at room temperature or slightly warm to touch with your little finger, pour the melted chocolate into a plastic Ziploc bag or a cone, close the zip or twist the cone so you don't accidentally spill it out. Cut a corner off the tip end of the bag.
4. Squeeze the melted chocolate from the bag into the molds, filling the molds all the way to the top. Remove any trapped air by lightly tapping the molds on your work surface.
5. Put the filled molds in the fridge to cool for at least 10-15 minutes or till the chocolates are cold to touch.
6. In a tray or on a parchment paper, remove the chocolates from the molds by placing the molds upside-down and lightly tapping them. The chocolate candy should slide out. If it doesn't, the chocolate probably isn't set, so return it to the fridge for another 10 minutes.
7. Do not touch the bar excessively or you will leave fingerprints on the chocolate
8. Wrap the home made chocolate bar in decorative waxed paper.
1. In a separate bowl, dissolve any color to the liquid white chocolate and brush the base of the mold with it. After 3-5 minutes or once it is set, pour the white chocolate over it. Set in fridge. Remove when cool.
2. Dust the bottom of the mold with edible colored powder and then pour the liquid chocolate over it. Set in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place nuts, dried fruits, crushed mints, shredded coconut, or candies, if desired, inside the mold. Leave enough room to pour in the melted chocolate.
For Video Recipe Click here
By Meena Samtani (Madhulila)