Eggless Tapioca Pudding
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
(1) Combine tapioca, milk & sugar in a medium/large saucepan and let sit for 5 minutes.
(2) Bring to a slow boil over medium high heat. Stir the milk and tapioca and sugar frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the container. It thickens as it cooks but will still be a liquid.
(3) Remove from heat and add vanilla.
(4) Cardamom (optional), Saffron (optional), and Cashews (optional)
(5) Stir & allow to cool. It thickens as it cools.
Makes 8-10 servings
Note: Two tablespoons of tapioca for a cup of milk will give you a fairly thick pudding. If you want yours thin, use less tapioca or more milk. Same goes for sugar.