Ekadasi Grain-Free Cheesecake
• 1 cup walnuts or pecans
• 1 cup shredded coconut
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 2 blocks cream cheese (16 oz. or 454g)
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 3/4 cup sugar or sucanat
• 2 tsp vanilla
• Desired toppings, such as fruit
Note: For Ekadasi, please ensure that the cream cheese and sour cream does not contain additives (such as starch or bean gum) derived from legumes or beans that would make it unsuitable for Ekadasi.
To make the crust:
1. Process the walnuts or pecans, shredded coconut, and cinnamon in a food processor.
2. Spread the pecan-coconut mixture evenly on a bread pan or pie plate, and pat it down.
3. Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 350°F (177°C), then allow it to cool.
To make the filling:
1. Soften the cream cheese. To do this, you can place it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350°F (177°C), or you can simply heat it in the microwave for about 1 minute.
2. Beat the cream cheese with a whisk or a mixer until smooth. Do this before adding other ingredients, to make the resulting mixture less lumpy.
3. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla, then beat with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the bread pan or pie plate, over the crust.
5. Bake the cheesecake for 27 minutes at 350°F (177°C); be careful not to overbake it. The cheesecake should puff slightly.
6. Top the cheesecake with desired toppings, then refrigerate for 2 hours. The cheesecake is ready!
By Bhaktin Shruti