•1 cup butter
•2 cups flour
•¾ cup sugar or brown sugar
•2 tsp vanilla extract
•1 tsp lemon zest
•1/3 cup heavy cream
•6 oz carob chips
1. Cream the butter and the sugar.
2. Then add the vanilla and lemon zest. Add the flour and mix until just well mixed.
3. Use 1 tsp of dough and form it into a log shape.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let cool on the pan.
5. While waiting for the cookies to cool, in a small saucepan over medium flame, scald cream.
6. Pour hot cream over carob chips in a bowl, whisk to melt carob and blend well.
7. Set aside to cool (the mixture will thicken as it cools).
8. Spread a thin amount of the filling onto the flat side of a cookie while the filling is still soft and press the flat side of a second cookie on top.
9. Repeat with the remainder of the cookies.
28 sandwich cookies
Madhavi Devi Dasi