Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Supreme
• Baking potatoes peeled and cubed – 2 large
• Ghee or oil for deep frying
• Cauliflower cut into flowerets – 1 medium
• Coarsely ground black pepper – ¼ tsp
• Ginger powder – ½ tsp
• Turmeric – ½ tsp
• Cayenne pepper – ¼ tsp
• Salt – 1 tsp
• Cup plain yogurt or sour cream – 1
• Chopped fresh coriander or parsley – 1 tbsp
1. Heat the ghee to 190°C/375°F. Fry the potatoes until golden brown (8 – 10 minutes). You might need to fry in 2 batches. Remove and drain the potatoes. Deep-fry the cauliflowers until they're cooked but slightly firm. Remove and drain them.
2. Combine all the spices, salt, yogurt or sour cream and fresh herbs in a large bowl.
3. Gently fold in all the vegetables while they are still warm, and serve immediately. If not serving immediately, keep the vegetables in a low-heat oven and fold in all the remaining ingredients just before serving."