• Rice – 4 cups
• Whole Urad dal – 1 cup
• Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
• Salt – 2 tbsp
1. Soak the rice and urad dhal, fenugreek seed separately for about 4 hours.
2. First grind the urad dhal and fenugreek seeds in a blender by adding water to it.
3. Add the drained well soaked rice. Blend it to a fine consistency with little water.
4. It should be like that of a pancake batter.
5. Do not add much water while blending especially when you make the batter with basmathi rice.
6. Or else the batter will remain coarse and not smooth.
7. Mix both the batters with salt in a container very well.
8. Allow this mixture to ferment. [If you prepared the batter in morning, it will be fermented enough to make recipes by evening/When made in evening, leave it overnight]
By Bhaktin Archana