Drumstick leaves powder
• Drumstick leaves powder – 2 tbsp
• Sesame seeds – ¼ cup
• Black gram dhal – ¼ cup
• Red chilies – 15 to 20
• Salt – as required
• Tamarind – little more than gooseberry sized
1. Separate the tender drumstick leaves from its bark.
2. Wash and wipe with a cloth.
3. Dry by spreading on a clean towel.
4. When it is completely dry, roast it in a hot shallow pan till it becomes crisp. Remove from fire and powder it.
5. Measure this powder.
6. Dry roast black gram dhal and sesame seeds separately.
7. Fry red chilies alone in oil and powder everything together.
8. At the end add drumstick leaves powder salt and tamarind.
9. Pound well and store in clean dry jar.
By Bhaktin Mallika