• Sugar – 1 cup
• Falooda sev (vermicelli) – 1 cup
• Heavy cream – 1 cup
• Dry Jamaica (Hibiscus) flowers, rinsed – 1 cup
• Milk – 1 cup
• Basil seeds (tukmaria) – 2 tsp
• Cardamom pods, cracked – 10
• Water – 5 cups
• Vanilla ice cream
1. Boil 1 cup of water and, add sugar, cardamom and Jamaica.
2. Reduce heat. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes, till stirring often.
3. Remove the flowers and cardamom.
4. Allow to cool, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add falooda sev and cook for 5-7 minutes until the falooda sev is cooked.
6. Do not discard the water. Cool it, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. While the Jamaica and falooda are chilling, add the basil seeds into 1 cup of water. Cover at room temperature. Seeds will swell and change color.
8. In a large pitcher, mix the milk and heavy cream.
9. Add a couple of scoops of ice cream and mix until smooth.
10. Add the Jamaica mixture in it and mix well.
11. Drain the water from the basil seeds and add a tablespoon in each glass while you are serving.
12. Drain the water from the falooda sev and add the desired amount to each glass.
13. Pour the creamy Jamaica mixture into each glass.
14. Top each glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.