Magical Pink Tulsi Infused Lemonade
1.handful of offered tulasi manjaris
3.1 lemon or lime sugar to taste
1. First you will need a handful of offered tulasi manjaris that Lord Kṛṣṇa has already enjoyed.
2. Place the manjaris in a large glass pitcher or jar.
3. Next fill the glass jar with fresh water until you see half the jar is floating manjaris and half the jar is water. Cover the jar with a lid and allow the manjaris to infuse into the water for the next 24 hours. This infusion process uses no heat whatsoever. Simply place the jar on your kitchen counter top until the next day.
4. After 24 hours the color of the water should turn a slight pastel purple color like this.
5. Now it is time to strain the tulsi water using a fine knit cotton cloth. Please note: This straining process is optional. You can also prepare and serve this beverage with all the tulsi manjaris inside.
6. Now the magic is going to start happening! Begin squeezing the juice of the lemon into the tulasi water.
7. Watch how the water quickly begins to turn from a light purple color to pink.
8. The more lemon you add the pinker it gets! Magic!
9. Next add some sugar to taste…
10. and stir.
11. Now you are ready to offer this magical drink to your family, friends and guests! Enjoy!! Hare Kṛṣṇa!
By Madhavi Devi Dasi