• Salt and pepper
• Pizza toppings- sliced olives, chopped bell pepper, etc
• Italian seasoning
• Grated mozzarella
1. Peel and chop enough potatoes to cover the bottom of baking pan. Also one or two extra because they shrink when cooked.
2. Stir fry the potatoes in ghee on medium high heat until soft, browned and crispy.
3. Add salt and pepper, mash them together a bit and then press into the bottom of a pie pan or pizza dish.
4. Meanwhile cook down enough tomato puree, made from tomatoes that have been blanched, peeled and grated, to cover the mashed potato crust. May wish to include other vegetables such as chopped bell pepper.
5. Season with salt, about 1/4 t ground black pepper, 1 T Italian seasoning chaunced in ghee and 1 t. of sugar (for one medium pizza pan). Cover the potato with the cooked-down tomato sauce.
6. Top tomato sauce with grated cheese and choice of pizza toppings.
7.Bake in a moderate oven for about 15 minutes so that the cheese melts.
By Bhaktin Priya