Prabhupada’s Prasadam Cookies
These are the famous cookies that Srila Prabhupada would hand out to his disciples and their children. Easiest cookie recipe EVER! Only three ingredients. Butter, flour and sugar.
. 2 cups white flour
. 1 cup room temperature butter
. 2/3 cup of sugar
1. Of course, I am going to make my own homemade butter. But if you can’t, then regular store bought butter is fine. Here I have about 2 cups of cold fresh cow cream.
2. Blend the cream using a hand blender until the buttermilk separates from the butter. It took me about 1 minute.
3. Then wash the butter until the water runs clear.
4. That’s it! Now you have homemade fresh butter!
5. Next add the following ingredients into a mixing bowl: 2 cups white flour, 1 cup room temperature butter and 2/3 cups of sugar.
6. Mix the ingredients using your hand until you have a dough like this.
7. Grab a small piece of dough and roll into a ball.
8. Then flatten the ball into a flat circle.
9. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350F/175C.
10. You will know when they are done when the edges start to brown like this.
11. Now you are ready to offer to Kṛṣṇa with love and devotion!
By Bhaktin Christina