•Ginger – 2 pieces
•Tamarind – 1 large lemon sized ball
•Red chilies – 3
•Green chilies – 3
•Methi (fenugreek) seeds – 1/2 tsp
•Mustard seeds, for seasoning – 1 tsp
•Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
•Jaggery – a small piece
•Salt as required
1. Heat a pan, roast the cumin seeds along with red chilies and half the fenugreek seeds lightly and powder it to a fine paste.
2. Chop ginger, and green chilies.
3. Soak tamarind in some hot water and extract the juice from it.
4. Put in the chopped ginger and green chilies and continue boiling.
5. In another pan, heat 3 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds and the remaining fenugreek seeds.
6. When the mustard seeds crackles, add the ground masala paste and fry
7. Till the masala turns its color.
8. Add jaggery, salt and tamarind juice to it.
9. Bring to a boil and boil till the juice is thick.
10. Remove and cool it completely, fill it in the bottle.
11. It can stay for a week.