Besan Paara (Spicy Chips)
• Besan (Chick Pea flour)-1 cup (95 gms) (1 cup=235ml)
• Sooji/Rawa (Semolina)- 2 tbsp
• Maida (All Purpose Flour)- 1 cup (120gms)
• Salt-1/4 tsp or as needed
• Red Chilly flakes- 1 tsp or more if needed
• Ajwain (Carom seeds)- ¼ tsp
• Hing (Asafetida)- a pinch
• Oil- 4 tbsp
• Warm Water- ½ cup
1. Mix all the dry flours, salt, chilly flakes, carom seeds and asafetida.
2. Add oil and mix till it crumbles.
3. Then add luke warm water little by little and make a firm dough. Dough will be sticky due to the besan. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Oil the fingers and knead the dough again.
5. Divide into 4 equal parts.
6. Roll each part in a thin round shape. If it sticks to the surface, just oil the surface a bit.
7. Cut into rectangles or squares and fry them on medium heat till it is completely cooked and turns golden brown colour. Do not fry them on full gas as they will not get cooked properly.
8. Drain on a paper napkin and let cool.
9. Serve to the Lord and store in an airtight container.
10. Can be had during tea time or taken while traveling.
By Bhaktin Meena/Madhulila