• Chena or cottage cheese – 100 gms
• Edible food color (optional) – 1 drop
• Sugar – 200 gms
• Water – 3 cups
• Khoya, cherry, raisins as required
1. Knead the Chena well in a platter to make smooth dough with edible food color (optional).
2. Take a portion of it and give it a flat oval shape.
3. Prepare the remaining dough in the same way.
4. Make syrup in a flat pan with sugar and 3 cups of water.
5. Place the Chum Chum in the sugar syrup one by one.
6. Cover with a lid and boil on a low heat for 10 – 12 minutes.
7. Then remove the lid and carefully turn all of them.
8. Cover with a lid again and boil on a low heat for another 10 – 12 minutes till it is cooked and become big and soft.
9. After the syrup almost dries up and the Chum Chum are filled with thick syrup take them out.
10. Arrange them on a plate and garnish with dry khoya, cherry and raisins.
By Bhaktin Shanti