Griddle Ekadasi Flatbreads
• 1 C rajgara flour
• ½ C potatoes boiled, peeled and grated
• 1 Tsp salt (adjust as per taste)
• 1 Tsp water (if needed)
1. Take rajgara flour, grated potatoes, salt, water (if needed) and mix it properly to make non-sticky dough.
2. Preheat the griddle or tava over moderately medium heat. Divide the dough into 4 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into 6 inch wide discs using the rolling pin. Sprinkle some flour if the dough sticks to the work surface while rolling.
3. When the griddle is hot, spray the surface with little ghee, and transfer the disc of dough to the griddle. When the top surface shows some bubbles, turn it over and cook on reverse side. Now, sprinkle some ghee over the top of the disc and cook for 30-40 seconds. Turn again and drizzle ghee on this surface too. Press around the edges. The paratha is done when both the sides are golden brown in color.
Offer it to Krishna and eat with vegetable dishes.
By Varun Shukla