Grilled Paneer Strips with baked Yams and Chickpeas
Fajitas Vegetarian style! Super delish!
• Paneer cut into strips
• 1 large sweet yam
• 1 or 2 chiles to taste
• 1 cup cooked chickpeas
• 3 tbsp ghee
• Salt and pepper
• Chili powder
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander
• Chapatis or tortillas
1. Peel and chop the yams into bite sized pieces.
2. Then place them onto an oiled baking sheet. Drizzle on 1 tbsp of ghee and add a little salt, pepper and chill powder and then mix it together. Cover and bake for about 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime cut the paneer into small strips.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee and grill the paneer strips with a little salt.
5. Cook on medium high flame until nice and golden.
6. Place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Set aside.
7. In a small bowl add the cooked chickpeas, green chile, a little salt, pepper and chile powder.
8. Then after the yams have been cooking for 10 minutes combine the chickpea mixture with the yams and continue to bake for another 8 minutes.
9. After 8 minutes take the yams and chickpeas out of the oven. Cut open a yam to make sure it is cooked through. If not then cook a little longer. Now in a serving dish combine the grilled paneer strips, chopped cilantro/coriander and the yam and chickpea mixture. Stir all together and you are done!
10. Serve on top of a chapati or tortilla with a scoop of “Creamy Tomato Chile Sauce” and you are now ready to Serve.
By Bhaktin Christina
Source : http://www.krsnastreats.org/recipes/entrees/item/grilled-paneer-strips-with-baked-yams-and-chickpeas