Penne with Zucchini
• 2 C pasta (penne rigate)
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• ¼ Tsp yellow asafetida powder
• 3 zucchinis, cut in 2-inch lengths
• ¼ Tsp ground black pepper
• 1Tsp salt
• 1 Tsp dried basil
• ½ C chopped fresh mint leaves
• 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• ½ C grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the pasta in water according to the directions given in the packet. Drain the pasta and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat. Sprinkle the asafetida; add the zucchinis and saute until cooked but it doesn’t loose its shape. Add the pasta, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add basil, mint and lemon juice. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve immediately.
By Anand Lila Devi Dasi