Quick Strawberry Cream Dessert
• 1¼ C graham crackers crumbs
• 3 Tbsp butter, softened
• 5 Tbsp sugar
• 1 pkg 8-oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 Tsp vanilla
• 1½ C sliced strawberries
• 1 pkt instant vegetarian jelly mix
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and 3 Tbsp sugar. Press onto a 9×9-in baking pan. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
2. Beat the cream cheese and the remaining sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over the crumb layer. Cover with a layer of strawberries over it so
that, no cheese is visible.
3. Prepare the jelly according to the instructions and pour over the strawberries. Allow to set for, around 30 minutes. Refrigerate before serving.
4. Vegetarian jelly are available at the Indian grocers which constitutes of vegetable products. if not available, you may use agar flakes to prepare your vegetarian jelly.
By Anand Lila Devi Dasi