• Light corn syrup – 1 cup
• Sugar – 3/4 cup
• Butter – 1 tablespoon
• Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
• Puffed rice cereal – 6 cups
1. Heat the corn syrup in a vessel and add sugar to it stirring well.
2. Stir continuously for a few minutes. If it becomes frothy turn down the heat a little. When the mixture starts boiling add the butter and then vanilla essence. Keep stirring continuously.
3. In a large bowl measure about 6 cups of puffed rice. Pour the hot syrup over the rice crispies and mix well to evenly coat the puffed rice. Add more puffed rice if the mixture is liquidy.
4. Now spread this mixture evenly on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or parchment paper and let cool till it hardens ( approx- 1 hr)
5. Cut in to squares and serve
Makes 25-30 pieces
By Dipti Naik