•Vermicelli – 1 cup
•Potatoes – 5
•Carrot – 2
•Green Peas (Frozen) – A handful
• Ginger – 1 tsp
• Chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
• Lemon juice – 1 tsp
• Chili powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
• Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
• Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
• Salt – To taste
• Sugar – A pinch (optional)
1. Wash and chop cilantro and keep it aside.
2. Peel ginger and then make the paste too.
3. Add cooking oil in a vessel and cook vermicelli in a broad based vessel adding 4-5 glasses of water.
4. Cook till it is done completely or till soft.
5. Then transfer the cooked vermicelli to a colander to drain the water from it completely.
6. Then wash, peel and grate carrots and keep aside.
7. Grind green peas well in the mixer.
8. Boil potatoes in the pressure cooker adding enough water to it until cooked.
9. Let the potatoes cool and when cooled peel, grate them and keep aside.
10. Place a skillet with 1 tbsp of oil on medium flame and add cumin seeds to it.
11. When it splutters add ginger paste. Fry it for 1 minute.
12. Add grated carrot and green peas and cook till done on low flame closing it with a lid and stirring 2-3 times in between so that it does not burn.
13. When grated carrots & beans are cooked finally add all powders and stir well.
14. Transfer it to a broad based bowl along with cooked vermicelli, chopped coriander leaves and grated boiled potatoes.
15. Add a pinch of sugar and lemon juice to it and mix well with your hands to bring it to a required consistency.
Method for vermicelli cutlet:
1. Mix the mixture well adding lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chopped Cilantro, garam masala powder, with your hands and shape them as you want.
2. Place a dosa tawa on medium flame and splash a little oil on it.
3. When heated place the cutlets on it.
4. Fry till the bottom of the cutlets turn crispy or light brown.
5. Roast the cutlet from other side till crispy.
6. Remove them in a serving dish and serve them along with sauce or chutney.
By Bhaktin Malathy