Ekadashi Peanut Curry
• 1 cup fresh curds (dahi)
• 1 tbsp rajgira flour
• 1 tsp ghee
• 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
• 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
• 2-3 tbsp roasted peanut powder
• Rock salt (sendha namak) to taste
• 1/4 tsp sugar
For The Garnish
• 1 tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the curds, rajgira flour and 2 cups of water in a bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the ginger–green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
4. Add the roasted peanut powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the curds mixture, rock salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously to avoid any lump formation.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Can add any fried vegetables in the curry like cauliflower, potatoes, carrots or bellpeppers.
By Meena Samtani / Madhulila dasi