Fried Taro Root Chips
. 1 pound taro root, peeled
. Oil for deep frying
. Sea salt
1. First peel the taro root.
2. Then begin thinly slicing the taro using a mandolin or vegetable slicer. You can shape them into any shape you like. Then soak in a large bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration and to remove excess starch.
3. Then in a large heavy pot heat your oil to 350F.
4. Next drain the taro completely and pat dry with paper towels. Add in batches to the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until you have cooked all the chips.
5. Lastly, season with sea salt and you are ready to Serve!
By Bhaktin Christina