• Idli Rice – 4 cups
• Raw Rice – ¼ cup
• Black Gram – 1 cup
• Green Chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
• Curry Leaves – few
• Orange Food Color – 1 pinch (if u need more color, you can add accordingly)
• Salt – to taste
1. Soak Idli rice and raw rice together for an hour in water.
2. Soak black gram separately in another bowl for half an hour.
3. Wash the rice and grind it smoothly.
4. Now wash and clean the black gram and grind that to smooth paste.
5. Mix both the batter together and add enough salt.
6. Add green chilies, and curry leaves to the batter and mix it thoroughly.
7. Add food color in a tbsp of water and mix it gently in the batter.
8. Heat oil in a deep pan and take a small ladleful of batter and simply drop it in the oil.
9. You will get small balls when u pour the batter in oil.
10. Cook it in a simmer flame. When one side is cooked well, flip it to the other side and allow it to cook.
11. Do the same for the whole batter.
12. Kara vadai is ready to serve.
13. You can serve it with coconut chutney.
By Bhaktin Ranjana