• All purpose flour – 3 cups
• Water to make dough
• Milk – 1 cup
• Sugar – 1 cup
• Cardamoms (powdered) – 10
• Saffron, soaked in hot water – ¼ tsp
• Oil – for deep frying
1. Take all purpose flour in a vessel and slowly add water little by little and knead dough. Cover and set aside.
2. Boil milk in a heavy saucepan and keep stirring continuously until thickened and reduced to half then add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron.
3. Meanwhile, divide the dough into 1 to 1-½ inch diameter balls and, roll them into a thin round like roti.
4. Fold into half and seal the edge with water.
5. Deep fry in hot oil. Drain on paper towel. Poli is ready.
6. Place polis in a shallow dish. Pour the hot milk over the polis.
7. Pal poli is ready this you can serve hot or cold.
By Bhaktin Malathy