• Milk – 4 cups.
• Lemon juice – 2tbsp + 1tbsp water
• Sugar – 1 ½ cups.
• Water – 2 ½ cups.
• Rose essence – 2tsp
1. Boil the milk in medium flame stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t get burned at the bottom.
2. Then add the mixture of lemon juice and water (2tbs +1 tbsp) slowly to that boiling milk to get the whey.
3. Let the gas be in simmer as the whey get separated, remove the pan from gas and drain the whey alone with a cheese cloth.
4. Wash the cheese with the running water to remove the lemon flavor from it.
5. Squeeze out all the water from the cheese cloth.
6. Take all the whey out and rub the cheese with very little pressure.
7. Take a small size of cheese and check out if you can make balls without any scratch on it.
8. Now split the whey or cheese into equal 12 pieces and make clear balls of it.
9. In the mean time mix the sugar and water in the pressure cooker and let it boil in medium flame. Once the sugar syrup starts boiling put the cheese balls one by one into it and pressure cook it till one whistle.
10. Then off the gas.
11. Now transfer the rasgullas one by one to another container and pour the sugar syrup also in that.
12. Add the rose syrup. Let it come to room temperature.
13. Keep it in the refrigerator till it cools. And serve.
By Bhaktin Sushma