Small Potato Pulav
• Basmati rice – 1 cup
• Small potatoes – ¾ cup
• Fresh thick curds – ¼ cup
• Tomato juice – ¾ cup
• Water – 1 cup
• Garam masala powder – ¼ tea sp.
• Fresh coriander leaves – ½ bunch (grind to smooth paste)
• Oil and salt – as required
• Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
• Red chilies – 4
• Grated dry coconut – 2 Tbl.sps.
• Fry above spices in little oil and grind together with few green chilies and a small piece of ginger.
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
2. Grind coriander leaves to smooth paste and mix with fresh curds.
3. Pressure cook rice with 1 cup of water and ¾ cup of tomato juice.
4. Remove from fire and cool thoroughly. Separate the grains. Mix a tsp. of ghee to that.
5. Pressure cook potatoes and peel the skin. Prick with a fork and fry in oil till light brown. Keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan, add ground masala and fry till good smell comes.
7. Gently mix potatoes and curds. Stir in medium flame with cooked rice and salt.
8. Sprinkle garam masala powder. Keep in low flame for few minutes.
9. Serve hot with mixed vegetable raitha.
By Bhaktin Archana