Gajar Ka Halwa
• Carrots – 1 kg
• Milk – 1.5 litre
• Cardamom seeds powdered (optional) – 1 tsp
• Ghee for frying the Cashews – ½ tsp
• Dry fruits (Sliced Badam, Pista, Kaju) – 2-3 tbsp
• Raisins soaked in water for half an hour
• Sugar – 450 grams
• Whole dried milk (mawa) or Milk Cream (Malai)
1. Wash the carrots, peel and grate them.
2. In a heavy base saucepan (kadai) bring the milk to boil.
3. Now add the grated carrot and let this cook on low flame for one hour, stir continuously.
4. When it starts getting thick, Add sugar, cardamom powder, ¼ of the total dry fruits and raisins.
5. Stir for 5-7 minutes. Now add Mawa and stir well on low flame till the mawa mixes.
6. Let it cook till the sugar dissolves and the milk has been absorbed.
7. Remove it from the flame once done, take it out in the serving bowl, and decorate with the remaining dry fruits. Serve it hot or cold.
Note: If you don’t have mawa then you can also use malai.
By Bhaktin Shanti