No yeast Burger Buns
Yeast Free! Totally offerable!
• 2 cups unsifted whole-wheat flour
• 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/4 cups light buttermilk or plain yogurt
1. First put all the ingredients into one large mixing bowl.
2. Mix up using your hand. DO NOT MIX TO MUCH. Just until all the ingredients come together. It will be a sticky dough.
3. Wash your hands now and make sure they are nice and dry. Now pour a little flour on your hands and dough. Lightly roll the dough in the flour until the whole dough has flour on it and you can handle it without getting sticky.
4. Now flour your baking pan.
5. Begin taking pieces of dough and roll into a ball and then flatten with your hand to the desired size you would like for the burger bun and place on the baking pan.
6. Continue until you have no more dough.
7. Now with a sharp knife cut 3 lines into each.
8. Now place in the oven. Bake 10 minutes on 450°F/230C. Drop the heat to 400°F/200C and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Now you are ready to cut in half and serve!
By Bhaktin Christina