•Rice flour- 2 Katoris
•Freshly Coconut – 1 no
•Jaggery – 1 Katori
•Khus Khus – 1 Tsp
•Cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
•Salt – a Pinch
•Ghee – 1 Tsp
1. Grate the coconut.
2. Roast Khus Khus (Poppy seeds), till lightly brown.
3. Add grated coconut , jaggery and cardamom powder and sauté on low flame till jaggery is complety melted and the mixture becomes dry.
4. Boil 1 ¾ katori water. Add 1 Tsp Ghee and a pinch of salt. Add rice flour while stirring continuously.
5. Remove from the flame and keep covered for 15 minutes.
6. Knead this dough to a soft consistency.
7. Divide the dough into 10 -12 equal portions and roll it into small puris.
8. Fill these puris with the coconut mixture and mould into modak shape as shown in the picture.
9. Steam for 10 minutes
10. Serve hot with ghee.
Now offer it to Krishna!